16 May 2011

Layover at Incheon International Airport

What to do when you have a 6 hour layover at Incheon International Airport? Leave! As impressive as this airport is, I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to add another stamp to my little green passport and discover a new country…even if it was only for a few hours. I eased through passport control after finding out I could stay in South Korea for 30 days without a visa. Next stop was Heungryunsa temple, a little Buddhist gem just 25min from the airport.  The journey led me across South Korea’s longest spanning cable-stayed bridge to thousands of streaming paper lanterns at the 650 year old Buddhist temple…All those lanterns were for Buddha’s birthday of course! And I learnt a new word: Gam sa ham ni da = Thank you.  South Korea I will definitely be back!



No comments:

Post a Comment