23 June 2011

Chuo Shinrin Park

Have you ever lived somewhere and discovered a place that you couldn’t believe you’d never been to before? For me, this place is Chuo Shinrin Kouen, the park surrounding Hiroshima Airport. Just a thirty minute bus ride from Mihara Train Station separates me from one of my new favourite places. I’m going to get all “lonely planet” on you and tell you to head to the main office and ask for a map to the Sankeien Gardens. It’s the only part I managed to get to: Chuo Shinrin covers a maasssive area and it’s covered with bicycle routes and hiking trails if you’re keen to spend the whole day there. Entrance for the Sankeien Garden is just 300yen, definitely well worth it! I threw on another shortened granny dress and some unfashionably filthy slops/flip flops/ thongs for the day trip… here comes summer!!





No comments:

Post a Comment